Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Summary Project Health Science Interns:
The objective for this assignment is for you to research an organization and create a project that will educate the audience on a health topic of your choice. Please keep in mind that your projects will be submitted to the organization for their review and possible use (you will be given credit for your idea/s), so please make them as professional as possible.
Format: you have a choice of creating a PowerPoint/Prezi, writing a paper, creating a video, creating a script for a health play, creating a game, creating an app, or creating educational materials such as info sheets and quizzes/tests, etc. If you create a PowerPoint, please do a voice-over with your slides. The audience will respond more if they can hear your voice. Whatever format you choose, be sure to write, “This project is dedicated to (your audience) by” and put your name, your major, Sam Houston State University, and fall 2020 somewhere on a title page for the assignment.
1. Choose an organization (hospital, clinic, doctor’s office, students in a K-12 grade, county or state public health agency, etc.) that you would like to create a project for. It can be an organization from the Master List or any other REAL health organization. List the name of the site and where it is located.
2. Tell me about the organization. Go to their website or do an online search about their goals, their mission, and who they serve.
3. Tell me why you want to create a project for this organization. Are you passionate about the organization? Do you want to work for them one day?
4. Think about your audience, and tell me about who you are going to teach. Adults, the elderly, children, teens, young adults, college students, LGBTQ, or a mix? Will you be teaching English speakers? Spanish speakers? Or another language? Will you be teaching people of color? Do some research to find out what health struggles your audience has and give me some statistics. For example, the CDC reported that people of color seem to be disproportionately affected by COVID-19. The CDC website stated, “death rates among Black/African American persons (92.3 deaths per 100,000 population) and Hispanic/Latino persons (74.3) that were substantially higher than that of white (45.2) or Asian (34.5) persons. Studies are underway to confirm these data and understand and potentially reduce the impact of COVID-19 on the health of racial and ethnic minorities” (CDC, 2020). The Reference page citation for this would be:
COVID-19 in Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups. (2020, April 22). Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/racial-ethnic-minorities.html
5. What health topic do you want to teach them? Examples: COVID-19, handwashing, brushing their teeth, the importance of sleep, mental health, sexual health, nutrition, physical activity, etc.
6. Research ways to reach the audience, example, YouTube video, brochure, radio/television public service announcement (PSA), video, or a combination, etc. (Tiktok and Instagram videos and Twitter posts are too short for this assignment and are NOT acceptable). If you create a YouTube video, make it private and send me the link.
7. Research ways to teach the audience, how will they learn best? Audio (speaking/hearing), seeing (video or written words), interaction (doing), playing games, or a combination, etc.
8. Think about your available resources. Do you have access to a computer, video/audio equipment, a phone with a camera, etc. If your resources are limited that’s OK, you can just explain in writing what you would do if the right equipment were available.
9. Consider the reading and comprehension level of the audience.
10. Use images or create art that will attract the audience to your work and provide visual appeal.
11. Create a References page and cite any sources you used ranging from websites, to textbooks, to images. I prefer APA format for the citations (references) page. It does NOT have to be perfect, but try to be close.
You will be graded on your creativity (20 points), professionalism (20 points), list of sources (20 points), content (20 points), and grammar (20 points) for a total of 100 points.