Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
The movie I have choice is Secret Window ( needs to be watched to write paper ) and the mental health disorder
that this movie portrayed is Dissociative disorder ( needs to be explain in paper )
Movie Paper Assignment & Rubric
Students are to select one of the movie choices provided to complete this paper.
• The paper is to written in a way that ANYONE could read your paper and understand.
• Identify which mental health disorder is portrayed. Which mental health disorder is portrayed?
• Include the DSM-V criteria exhibited by the main character
• Give 6 specific examples (each example should be supported with evidence from the movie, such as descriptions of the behaviors, as well as the DSM-V criteria)
• Identify communication used by other characters in their interactions with the main character. Identify at least: (You WILL need a total of 12 identified)
o 3 examples of therapeutic communication (verbal)
o 3 examples of therapeutic communication (non-verbal)
o 3 examples of nontherapeutic communication (verbal)
o 3 examples of nontherapeutic communication (non-verbal)
• Provide definitions for each example of therapeutic and nontherapeutic identified.
• Identify the film’s strengths (minimum 3) and weaknesses (minimum 3) from a mental health professional’s perspective This is not your personal beliefs of the film, this is as though YOU are a mental health professional. Based on what you have learned so far, what would a mental health professional think about the strengths and weaknesses of the movie? Each example must be supported with evidence from your learning materials. (No use of the work “I” in this section, again, written from a health professionals standpoint)
• Share your thoughts (educated opinion) on the impact the movie may have in perpetuating the stigma associated with mental illness within the general population. Use support that is factual (so no saying “character was homeless which is the societal stigma that those with alcoholism are homeless”, statements like this must have proof that societal stigma is that alcoholics are homeless
• Share your thoughts (educated opinion) on the impact the movie may have in reducing the stigma associated with mental illness within the general population. Again, use support with factual support. (no use of word “I”)
• What impact did the movie have on you personally? **You are able to use “I” within this section. Sentences like “This movie had a great impact on me” will not be counted. Do not use This is to be written about you PERSONALLY, not as professional)
• What impact did the movie have on you professionally? You are able to use “I” within this section.
• Length 3 pages (does not include title or reference page)
• Content requirements are contained above.
• Retain this assignment for future requirements of the program.
• Refer to APA 6th Edition requirements
• Avoid use of abbreviations and jargon
o Required to use 3 Medical/Nursing Journal articles less than 5 years old
o Additional resources must be reputable.
o All sources whether paraphrased or directly quoted MUST be cited in text and on the reference page
o No long quotes
o 1 or less short quotes allowed – the rest the information must be paraphrased and cited
o MAY not use Wikipedia and any non-professional.com websites