Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
In this case study, we will explore the different ways that biobanks mitigate sample storage space attrition into their facility. Recommended outline is as follows:
1. Table of Content
3. Introduction to bio banking – definition, history, types of biobanks, types of samples storage, how do biobanks contribute to healthcare and science?
4. Explain the logistics and ethics involved in sample procurement by preservation type (i.e. fresh samples, cold samples, or frozen samples). Describe the challenges faced
5. Describe the different types of storage solutions available; what are the pros and cons of each storage solution.
6. Describe different facility layouts and how does facility layout contribute to operational efficiency and storage of samples.
7. Describe current challenges in the bio banking industry – on-call duty, supply, logistics, specificity of operational requirements, consent tracking, ethics (patient rights and consent), Underutilization of sample, fragmentation of information and sample cataloging, sustainability (financial and operational), finite storage space/infinite supply of samples per storage type, and technical challenges (equipment longevity and efficiency)
8. Develop the problem of interest – finite space for infinite supply of samples. Why are you focusing on this particular problem? What impact does it have on the operation of the biobank? Provide justification as to why this problem in particular using literature review data.
9. Solution to the problem: based on information/data reviewed in the literature, construct an evidence based argument for the creation of methods that biobanks can develop, or have developed to mitigate the space constraints; What approach was used to formulate these solutions? Discuss what will be the required support in order to implement the solution(s) (Management, Financial, Analytical, technical, etc.)
10. Discuss impact of solutions; what is their expected outcome? For example, better financial position, proactive approach vs reactive approach, sustainability of operation, etc. provide data where possible.
11. Conclusion – lessons learned, additional topics to explore that could aid in discussing the case study. Identify additional articles for review.
12. Teaching notes: provide topics that aid in discussion of case study, formulate 10 questions that help the instructor facilitate discussion for the case study. Provide solution guide to said questions and topics presented.
Document should be 30 pages long (including references, appendixes and diagrams/graphs). 12 size font with 1 inch margins and single spaced following 6th edition APA guidelines.