Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
SOCY 230 – Final Paper Assignment: Annotated Bibliography
1. Visit the Purdue Online Writing Lab and review the instructions for writing an annotated
2. Your annotated bibliography will include all three aspects listed in the website:
summarize, assess, and reflect
3. Please use the APA format illustrated at the bottom of the website page
4. Choose one major topic from your readings this semester (for example: doing gender,
media socialization on teens, labeling theory and mental disorders, dramaturgy and
emotions, etc.) You want to be as specific as possible.
5. Choose 3 articles directly related to your topic. Ideally, your articles will reflect current
research in the field. You will want to choose articles that reflect research in
sociological social psychology (rather than psychological social psychology).
6. These articles will be used for your annotated bibliography. Each annotation should be
at least 2 pages but no more than 3 pages. Please double space your writing and use a
12 point font.
Below is a list of recommended journals to find articles from. Most of these journals can be found using
the databases via the MC Library website. You may also want to search Google
Scholar for additional
resources. To help you get started you may choose to simply type your topic into RaptorSearch (located
on the front page of the MC library website) to see what comes up. From there you can refine your
search results based on what journals and title articles seem appropriate to what you are looking for.
Keep your searches narrow. For example, you wouldn’t want to search for “symbolic interaction” or
“looking-glass self.” Instead try something a bit more focused like “looking-glass self” and “symbolic
interaction” and “deviance.” You can also narrow the search results by year on the left-hand column.
American Sociological Review
Social Psychology Quarterly
Society and Mental Health
Current Research in Social Psychology (CRISP)
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
Annual Review of Sociology
Sociological Research Online
Studies in Symbolic Interaction
Social Psychology of Race
Sociology of Race and Ethnicity
Journal of Health and Social Behavior
Contexts (from American Sociological Association